Kitchen, My Place To Play.

Posted by p2p Friday, October 29, 2010

   Most children would love to go to the playground. Why? The reason is simple, they want to play and have fun. Everyone needs a special place. A place to play. A place to have fun. A place to be happy. It can be anywhere. Some people say that their place to play is their school. Some say it is an Internet website, a blog perhaps. Some say it is the toilet. Let me tell you where is my place to play.

   The kitchen! I loved playing in the kitchen since I was a kid, I loved the lovely smell coming from my mother's cooking. The sight of beautiful steams rising up to the atmosphere from the pot is crystal clear in my mind. Even as I grew up, the kitchen was still my favorite place. I would often invite my brother and sister to play around with the kitchen sink, spraying and splashing water, wetting each other. Besides that, we would play with fire too. Occasionally, there were some mice which roamed in the kitchen. However, they were our friends, we fed them and they would not bother our lives like most pests. Unfortunately, it did not last forever.


   It was three o'clock. The night sky was dark and as silent as the graveyard. Everyone was still asleep, hugging their soft pillows while having sweet dreams. All of a sudden, I bounced up from my bed. It happened in split seconds. I felt something wet in my pants. It was embarrassing, I realized I had just peed in my pants. Without a second thought, I rushed to the bathroom to clean up my pants. I opened up the tap and started washing the stain under running water. After doing so, I closed the tap and started walking back to my bedroom.

  Wait, there was still the sound of tap water gushing in madness. I went back to the bathroom to check. The tap was still closed, so where did the sound come from? I listened carefully. Slowly, I walked towards the kitchen. It was dark as the lights were not on. Before I ran my fingers across the switch, the lights switched on themselves and started flickering. Water was pouring out from the kitchen sink and it was red fluid. Blood. My heart was pounding as though it was breaking through the rib cage.


  Quickly, I left the scene. I ran to my parents' bedroom. Their dead bodies were lying down in a pool of blood. It was a horrible sight. I ran, again. I sought my sister in her bedroom. She was also a victim of an unknown cause. She was sitting down on the floor, in front of a cupboard. There was a knife planted in the middle of her head. I ran away. I looked for my brother. He was the only person missing in action.

  "Bro, where are you?" I called my brother and spoke in a panting voice. I was gasping for air.
  "Yes? Who is this? I am having fun in my friend's house, please call again later!" my brother was speaking in a rather drunken voice, he did not have an idea of what was happening at home.

  I tried calling the police after my brother hung up the phone. However, the line was not available. There was no connection and I could not contact the police. I stepped out from my sister's bedroom and I tried to escape from my own home sweet home. As I was walking towards the door, I passed by the kitchen. The lights were still flickering. When it flashed, a chill penetrated my bloodstream and my blood froze in fear. I saw something.


  There was a hand, emerging from the kitchen sink. As it fully emerged, it was a woman. A ghostly woman indeed, with her long black, creepy hair covering her face completely. I turned back and ran towards the door which was behind me. I screamed and she screamed. We both screamed. The witch was insanely swift. She ran towards me and grabbed me with her right hand before I managed to open the door which was just a centimeter away. I was caught. She bit my left hand with her razor sharp teeth and her teeth sank into my flesh. The pain was killing my soul. I closed my eyes tightly as though I could reduce the pain by doing so.


  All of a sudden, the door behind me opened and it knocked my back.

  "Surprise! Happy birthday!" my brother yelled.

  I looked in his eyes. He was not drunk. I smiled. The lights turned on and my family members approached me. They were playing a prank on me! My sister was still having a knife in the middle of her head, it was a fake knife, used during Halloween. My parents were dressed up in their red-stained pyjamas. It was my brother who played around with the telephone wires and the lighting system while he was outside the house. That explained everything! It was nothing but a joke. We were laughing and everything was back to normal. But, there was still a missing piece in the puzzle.

  "Did you bite yourself until you bleed because you were too scared?" my brother teased me.

  I frowned in embarrassment.

  "I forgot to ask. So, who was the witch?" I was still puzzled.

  "What witch?"

 

 

 
 

2 comments
  1. Ken Wooi Said,

    i only know the witch from L4D :P

    Posted on October 29, 2010 at 6:44 PM

     
  2. p2p Said,

    Good! ^^

    Posted on October 29, 2010 at 8:18 PM

     

Post a Comment

NUFFNANG

Total Pageviews

THE ROCK

Posted by p2p
30-10-10

Kitchen, My Place To Play

Posted by p2p
29-10-10

A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words

Posted by p2p
29-10-10

The Underrated Animal - Chipmunk

Posted by p2p
25-10-10

Laughter - The Best Medicine

Posted by p2p
26-10-10

chatbox